Because We Care Your Trusted Immigration Attorney for Over 25 Years

Albuquerque Immigration Lawyer

Lawful Permanent Residence in the U.S.

Navigating the intricacies of U.S. immigration can be challenging, especially given the ever-changing policies influenced by presidential administrations and Congress. This dynamic landscape often adds complexity to the application process, making it daunting for individuals to complete accurately.

At Monument Immigration, our dedicated immigration attorney in Albuquerque, Mark Naugle, is committed to staying updated and well-informed about the latest developments in immigration law. You can rely on his expertise to handle all the intricate details on your behalf, providing you with peace of mind. Moreover, our firm's exclusive focus on family immigration law ensures that our resources and efforts are concentrated precisely where they need to be—working diligently to serve your needs effectively.

Schedule your free consultation with our team today by calling (801) 609-3659 or contacting us online. We offer our services in English, Spanish, and Russian.

Trust Our Immigration Services

Monument Immigration is dedicated to assisting clients with a wide range of immigration matters, recognizing the uniqueness of each individual's circumstances. Whether you require guidance in applying for citizenship or seek assistance with a same-sex couple application, our team is here to provide the support you need. With our expertise and resources, you can navigate the process with confidence, knowing that you have a trusted partner by your side. You don't have to face these challenges alone—we are here to help.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status refers to the process of changing an individual's immigration status from a non-immigrant (temporary) status to that of a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) while they are physically present in the United States. This option is available to certain eligible individuals, such as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or individuals who qualify through employment or refugee/asylum status.

Consular Processing

Consular Processing is an alternative to Adjustment of Status and is used when an individual who is outside the United States seeks to obtain an immigrant visa (green card). The process involves applying for an immigrant visa through a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or country of legal residence. Once approved, the individual can travel to the United States as a lawful permanent resident.

Family & Marriage Visas

Family visas are available for U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor their immediate family members or close relatives for immigration. Immediate relatives (spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21 of U.S. citizens) have priority and are not subject to annual visa limits. Family visas are also available for spouses, minor children, and unmarried adult children of lawful permanent residents.

Naturalization & Citizenship

Naturalization is the process through which a foreign-born individual becomes a U.S. citizen. Eligible permanent residents (green card holders) can apply for naturalization after meeting certain criteria, such as residency and language requirements, passing a citizenship test, and demonstrating good moral character. Once naturalized, individuals gain the rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens.

DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)

DACA is a program introduced in 2012 that provides temporary protection from deportation and work authorization for certain individuals who were brought to the United States as children and meet specific criteria. DACA recipients, often referred to as Dreamers, must have arrived in the U.S. before turning 16 and continuously resided in the country since 2007. However, it's important to note that the DACA program is subject to change and its future is determined by government policy.

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

The K-1 visa allows U.S. citizens to bring their foreign fiancé(e)s to the United States for the purpose of getting married. The U.S. citizen petitioner must demonstrate a genuine intention to marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the country. Once married, the foreign national can apply for Adjustment of Status to become a lawful permanent resident.

Same-Sex Immigration

Same-sex immigration refers to the immigration rights and options available to same-sex couples. Following the Supreme Court's decision in 2013, same-sex marriages are recognized for immigration purposes, allowing U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor their same-sex spouses for immigration benefits, similar to opposite-sex couples.

I-601A Provisional Waivers

The I-601A Provisional Waiver is a waiver available to certain individuals who would be subject to a three or ten-year bar from reentering the United States due to unlawful presence. The waiver allows eligible applicants to request a provisional waiver before departing the United States for consular processing, reducing the time spent outside the country.

Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

This process applies to individuals who obtained their green card through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, but their marriage was less than two years old at the time of approval. To maintain permanent resident status, they must file a Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) within the 90-day period before the expiration of their conditional green card. The purpose is to demonstrate the legitimacy of the marriage and request the removal of conditions to obtain a 10-year green card.

Dedicated Immigration Attorneys on Your Side!

At Monument Immigration, located in Albuquerque, we have a deep understanding of the complexities involved in pursuing U.S. citizenship, and we are here to support you every step of the way. With our extensive experience in handling immigration cases, we are fully committed to helping our clients achieve their goals. Reach out to us today to discover how our immigration lawyers in Salt Lake City can assist you.

For a complimentary phone consultation, please call (801) 609-3659 or contact us online. We are fluent in both English and Spanish, ensuring effective communication.

Monument Immigration
Providing the Service & Care Your Family Deserves

  • About Us

    Learn more about Monument Immigration and the services we provide for your family.

    Learn More
  • Your Attorney

    Our founder and leading attorney is dedicated to keeping families together.

    Meet Mark
  • Case Results

    Our results are backed by experience. Check out our notable cases and victories.

    View More
  • Contact Us

    Do you think you have a qualifying case? Reach out to us to schedule a consultation.

    Get Started
    • So grateful and recommend to friends and family

      “Mark was fantastic!”

    • A true five-star professional!!

      “Outstanding experience with Mark and his team!”

    • Would highly recommend!

      “Well deserved 5 star”



Get in Touch with Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy