Family & Marriage Visas Client-Focused Legal Services Your Family Deserves.

Family & Marriage Visa Attorney in Salt Lake City

Fighting to Keep Families Together in the U.S.

Applying for a family or marriage visa for you, a spouse, or a loved one can be stressful, especially when the process of securing your family’s future can seem intimidating. That’s why Monument Immigration provides legal guidance for family and marriage visas in Salt Lake City. Our family immigration law attorney is committed to keeping families together.

Contact us online or call (801) 609-3659 to speak with an experienced Salt Lake City family visa lawyer today. Se habla español.

Types of Family-Based Immigrant Visas

Bringing a family member to the United States can feel rewarding, but the application process can be confusing, especially if you’re unsure of which family-based immigrant visa you qualify for. The two types of family-based immigrant visas that the U.S. government offers are immediate relative immigrant visas and family preference immigrant visas.

You may qualify for an immediate relative immigrant visa if you’re:

  • A spouse
  • An unmarried child under 21 years of age
  • A parent of a citizen who is at least 21 years of age
  • A foreign orphan legally adopted in a foreign country
  • A foreign orphan who will legally be adopted in the U.S.

If you’re not an immediate relative of the U.S. citizen, you could qualify for a family preference immigrant visa under the following:

  • Family First Preference, for unmarried children and grandchildren of U.S. citizens
  • Family Second Preference, for spouses, minors, and unmarried children over 21 of LPRs
  • Family Third Preference, for married children of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children
  • Family Fourth Preference, for siblings of U.S. citizens over the age of 21 and their spouses and minor children

Types Of Marriage Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen, there are two ways you can bring your foreign spouse to join you in the United States.

  • K3 Visa - A K3 visa, or a non-immigrant visa, is a temporary visa that allows the holder who married a U.S. citizen to travel to the U.S. After travel, they may wait to process an immigrant visa so they can live permanently in the U.S. 
  • IR1 or CR1 Visa - A CR1 visa, or immigrant visa, grants the holder legal permanent resident status. Immigrant visas are for non-citizens who plan on dwelling in the United States permanently.

If you want to apply for a marriage visa, you’re most likely applying for an immigrant visa (IR1 or CR1) so your spouse or loved ones can live in the U.S. indefinitely. Whatever type of marriage visa you want to apply for, there are many documents you’ll need to fill out, and fill out correctly. Our Salt Lake City spouse visa attorney can guide you step by step, up until you finally file your paperwork.

Is My Spouse Eligible for a Marriage Visa?

To qualify for a marriage visa, the sponsoring spouse must be a U.S. citizen or a Green Card holder. You must be able to provide this documentation after you have submitted the application for a marriage visa.

Of course, you and your spouse must be legally married in your country of origin. The U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs defines a spouse as a legally wedded husband or wife. In order for your spouse to qualify for a visa you must be considered legally married in your home country. Common-law marriages may also qualify for a spouse visa depending on the laws of the country where the marriage occurs. If you are not yet married, you may be able to file for a K-1 Fiance Visa.

There are numerous other factors that can determine eligibility for a spouse visa. Our marriage visa lawyer in Salt Lake City is experienced in handling paperwork for marriage and family visas and can help you determine which you and your family are eligible for.

Can I Remove Conditions On My Spousal Green Card?

You can remove the conditions of a marriage-based green card by filing Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. This form must be filed within the 90-day period before your conditional Green Card expires. If you are not sure when to file the petition to remove conditions of residence, you can use the USCIS file calculator.

How Can a Family and Marriage Visa Attorney Help You Through the Immigration Process?

Navigating the intricate landscape of immigration law, particularly concerning family and marriage visas, can be a daunting task. This is where a skilled family and marriage visa attorney steps in, serving as an invaluable guide and advocate throughout the entire process.

  • Expertise in Immigration Law: A seasoned family and marriage visa attorney possesses a deep understanding of immigration laws and regulations, ensuring that every aspect of your case is handled with precision and accuracy. From filling out complex forms to gathering necessary documentation, they leverage their expertise to streamline the process and minimize errors.
  • Tailored Legal Strategies: Every immigration case is unique, and a proficient attorney recognizes this fact. They take the time to assess your individual circumstances, crafting customized legal strategies to address your specific needs and challenges. Whether you're facing issues related to spousal sponsorship or navigating the requirements for family reunification, they provide personalized guidance tailored to your situation.
  • Navigating Complex Procedures: The immigration process often involves navigating a maze of complex procedures and bureaucratic hurdles. A family and marriage visa attorney serves as your trusted navigator, guiding you through each step of the journey. They help you understand the intricacies of the application process, anticipate potential challenges, and prepare you for interviews or hearings.
  • Effective Communication and Advocacy: Communication with immigration authorities is a crucial aspect of the process, and a skilled attorney acts as your representative in these interactions. They communicate with immigration officials on your behalf, ensuring that your interests are effectively represented. Whether it's responding to requests for additional information or addressing concerns raised by immigration officers, they advocate zealously on your behalf.
  • Mitigating Delays and Challenges: Delays and challenges are common in the immigration process, but with a knowledgeable attorney by your side, you can mitigate these obstacles effectively. They proactively identify potential issues, taking preemptive measures to address them and keep your case on track. Whether it involves resolving discrepancies in documentation or appealing adverse decisions, they work tirelessly to achieve a favorable outcome for you and your family.

Contact our marriage visa lawyers online or call (801) 609-3659 for more information. We also serve clients from our offices in Las Vegas and Cottonwood Heights.

Related Blog Articles

Monument Immigration
Providing the Service & Care Your Family Deserves

  • About Us

    Learn more about Monument Immigration and the services we provide for your family.

    Learn More
  • Your Attorney

    Our founder and leading attorney is dedicated to keeping families together.

    Meet Mark
  • Case Results

    Our results are backed by experience. Check out our notable cases and victories.

    View More
  • Contact Us

    Do you think you have a qualifying case? Reach out to us to schedule a consultation.

    Get Started
    • So grateful and recommend to friends and family

      “Mark was fantastic!”

    • A true five-star professional!!

      “Outstanding experience with Mark and his team!”

    • Would highly recommend!

      “Well deserved 5 star”



Get in Touch with Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy