Same Sex Immigration Client-Focused Legal Services Your Family Deserves.

Same-Sex Immigration Lawyer in Salt Lake City

Representing Same-Sex Couples in Utah With All Their Immigration Needs

In June of 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act. This meant that the United States Government would recognize same-sex marriages and relationships for all federal purposes. Immediately, same-sex couples became eligible to petition for their spouses and fiancé(e)s to obtain green cards, K-1 visas, and consular processing.

Monument Immigration was among the first LGBT immigration law firms in the nation to begin processing same-sex immigration cases the day after DOMA was reversed, and clients continue to choose us as one of the quickest, most dependable legal teams around. We’re pleased to offer same-sex immigration services in Salt Lake City and beyond.

Call an experienced immigration lawyer in Utahat (801) 609-3659or contact us onlinefor your free phone consultation in English or Spanish.

Dedicated Gay Marriage Immigration Lawyers

Our dedicated immigration law firm offers a number of immigration services to help same sex couples, including K-1 visas, consular processing, and adjustment of status.

K-1 Visas

A same sex K-1 fiance(e) visa allows your fiancé(e) to enter the United States with the purpose of marrying a U.S. citizen within 90 days of arrival. Once married, an adjustment of status application can be submitted to obtain a green card (lawful permanent residence).

Requirements for a K-1 visa are:

  • The intending immigrant is engaged to a U.S. citizen
  • The U.S. citizen does not have a criminal history involving sex crimes
  • The intending immigrant has never been unlawfully present in the U.S.
  • The U.S. citizen and fiancé(e) have met at least once in the last two years
  • The intending immigrant is currently outside of the United States

The benefit of having a highly focused LGBT immigration lawyer can’t be overstated.

Once submitted, the government processes these applications within approximately nine months. A fiancé(e) visa is faster and more efficient than consular processing once you are married. It also gives the Intending Immigrant an opportunity to come to the United States before getting married by bringing your fiancé(e) to the US.

We charge a flat, no-hassle fee of $3,000, while the government filing fee for a K-1 Visa is $800.

Consular Processing

Consular Processing allows U.S. citizens to petition to bring their family members to the United States. These family members must be spouses, parents, or children under the age of 21 of U.S. citizens.

You may qualify for consular processing if:

  • You’re a spouse, child under 21, or parent of U.S. citizen
  • U.S. citizen does not have a criminal history involving sex crimes
  • Family member has never been unlawfully present in the U.S.
  • Family member has no or very minor criminal history in home country.

Consular Processing allows you to bring your immediate family member to the United States where they will immediately become Lawful Permanent Residents (gay marriage Green Cards). We charge a flat, no-hassle fee of $5,000. The government filing fee for Consular Processing is $860.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status allows U.S. citizens to apply for the lawful permanent residence of their immediate family members currently in the United States. This includes children under 21, parents, and spouses.

You qualify for adjustment of status if you’re:

  • An immigrant entering the U.S. with a visa or on the visa waiver program
  • An intending immigrant currently in the U.S.
  • An intending immigrant under 21, a parent of a U.S. citizen over 21, or a spouse
  • Not possessing serious criminal history

Once submitted, the government processes these applications within approximately 6 months. We charge a flat, no-hassle fee of $4,000. The government filing fee for adjustment of status is $1,760. We’ve helped many families achieve visas to join their loved ones, and we’d love to help you or your loved one, too.

Monument Immigration charges a flat rate of $6,000 for K1 and Adjustment of Status together.

Trust Our Salt Lake City Immigration Attorney for Gay Marriage

Our firm will tell you exactly what is required to apply, gather your application information, and accurately prepare your submission to the federal government. We can have your application ready for submission within 48 business hours after receiving your information and documentation.

Call (801) 609-3659or contact us onlineto consult our experienced immigration attorney.

Monument Immigration
Providing the Service & Care Your Family Deserves

  • About Us

    Learn more about Monument Immigration and the services we provide for your family.

    Learn More
  • Your Attorney

    Our founder and leading attorney is dedicated to keeping families together.

    Meet Mark
  • Case Results

    Our results are backed by experience. Check out our notable cases and victories.

    View More
  • Contact Us

    Do you think you have a qualifying case? Reach out to us to schedule a consultation.

    Get Started
    • So grateful and recommend to friends and family

      “Mark was fantastic!”

    • A true five-star professional!!

      “Outstanding experience with Mark and his team!”

    • Would highly recommend!

      “Well deserved 5 star”



Get in Touch with Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy